A large dome-shaped chandelier, handmade in the translucent material bone china.
Bone china is often associated with classic English crockery, but was used for this project to create a light object with monumental dimensions and appearance. It is made up of a large number of parts. The cast elements have hand-sculpted models as a base. Together they form a slightly arched dome, whose parts differ greatly in light color and intensity by variables such as wall thickness and size.
The Dome China can have one, two or three rings. The measurements are:
- 1 ring | seven elements | diameter of about 90 cm
- 2 rings 22 elements | diameter of about 170 cm
- 3 rings | 45 elements | diameter of more than 250 cm
Dome China: other sizes
There is also a smaller and a larger version of the Dome China:
- 1 ring | seven elements | diameter of about 55 cm
- 2 rings 20 elements | diameter of about 100 cm
- 1 ring | nine elements | diameter of about 115 cm
Of course, a custom Dome can also be made to order!
Below are some pictures of the Dome China with two rings (170 cm), at Piet Hein Eek in Eindhoven (website) and at the priory (monastery) of Buitenplaats Doornburgh in Maarssen. (website). And also pictures of the one ring (90cm) chandelier at Mint in London (
website) and the Frozen Fountain in Amsterdam (website).